Thursday, March 19, 2009

Reflections


I love it when nature creates its own art. Moreso when I'm there to capture it. This shot of the seagull is a favorite photo of mine mostly for the fact that it is both simple and complex. The sun struck the bird at just the right spot. Everything was perfect. And I was there, camera ready, although the battery kept dying. The seagulls are very accustomed to humans, so I wasn't too worried about scaring the bird away as I approached. He seemed more content in searching the wet sand for yummy treats than me, anyway. In any case, I could not have asked for a better shot, at least not of the seagulls in St. Augustine. Not that I didn't try, of course.


They're fun to catch in flight, as well. This second picture was taken this past fall as Tropical Storm Fay came ashore. Well, as her outter bands approached, anyway. The first picture was taken in February of 2007, on Velano Beach. Both taken with a Canon Powershot.

I can't wait until I get my new SLR...

1 comment:

  1. That seagull does make for one great shot! I esp. like the interplay between the cast shadow and the reflection in the water.

    ReplyDelete