Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Clouds

Children, and sometimes even adults and teens, make a game of finding things in the shape of clouds. The imagination at work, revealing an insight into the mind of those playing the game. Especially into their imagination.



Sometimes, though, it's more interesting to watch the way the sun peers through the clouds. This particular image was taken over the bay on the SR 206 bridge in St. Augustine. A storm was rolling in, and Renee had just finished a photo shoot on the island and were headed back inland. We pulled over when we saw the way the sun shone through the clouds. I took several snaps of this sight.



But that wasn't the only beautiful image like this that evening. Even as the storm approached the island, while we were still on the beach, the sun graced us with its "hidden" beauty.

I only wish I had been able to time these moments right so as to include Renee in her dress with this beautiful scenery. Alas, in all my attempts, it didn't turn out as planned. And we had to return to the mainland, not only because of the approaching storm, but because we had to pick up Renee's sister. Nevertheless, these brief moments were truly beautiful, and I am glad that I captured even this much.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. wow, those are truly gorgeous! I miss standing on the beach and watching the storms roll in... one of the only things about FL I ever really liked. you have a great eye, love, esp. in the composition of that top one... so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete